To achieve the objective and make the building become alive; there are three key stages, that are part of my working process.
1. Data. (environmental data and CCTV)
This artwork is made from data that is collected across the urban and environment infrastructure ie from the city and the building itself. Using custom made sensors in the building and around the city. (30 custom environmental sensors units measure, light, noise, sound, humidity, and temperature). This data is then turned into a online real time visualization of the space. The sensors interpret the micro-data of the interactive city.
The output from the sensors display the real time environmental and emotional state of the city online in real time and the information will be used to create the facade and online interfaces to control it.
Key to this stage is open online data source. I have been working towards scattering the city with sensors now for six years.
They are currently being tested in the V & A Museum London. Sensor data when switched on can be seen on my online Google sensor map (http://www.soundcities.com/data.php) and XML feeds. ( http://igor.gold.ac.uk/motes/mts420/motestatusxml_html.php )
This is evidence I know how to collect the data.
Using custom made software the artist will interpret the data collected into the artworks that are incorporated into the display. Either parts can be used or the whole as it is scalable and modular.
See the examples page for four types of real time generative system. This means the CCTV feed and DATA feeds are turned into moving images.
3. Display. The Facade.
The output or display of how the work is experienced in this case is the facade of the building. This is the LED screen of media facade This part is modular and scalable depending on budget.
Key aspects include.
- Vector clad media skin, embedded with leds (light emitting diodes) and scaled up in modular fashion according to costs and budget.
- Exciting use of the Texlon envelope can be integrated manipulate surface quality, with laminate LEDs allows the creation of envelopes of almost infinite visual variety and interest. The surface can be designed to capture projected light for displaying images, video or colour. Each layer can be engineered to transmit, reflect or scatter the image, enabling the full exploitation of the envelope to operate as a visual panorama.
- This building literally becomes alive.
Movable scalable facade meets Nova ambitions can be realized with Vector Foiltec.
Examples in use for more info click here to get a fuller understanding of technology made by Vector Foiltec..
The images are from Vector Foiltec.
- Self sufficient; solar panels.
The artist is providing the artistic vision, the software, and can provide sensors, hardware, and a longer term concept for flexible usage for whole facade; which allows the work to open source and the screen development to be future proofed.
Stanza Images all rights reserved. The copyright for any material published on this website is reserved.
Any duplication or use of objects such as images, diagrams and texts is not permitted without Stanza's written agreement.