Soul is created to represent the 'soul' of the city and captures live data and visualizes the results in a constantly evolving data sculpture. It is presented on a unique display technology, this is a 3 meter globe. Soul is a site specific work placed in urban space. Real time images are fed into a software system to create unique visuals. The images are always on, and always changing evolving around the clock. The changing light and ephemeral qualities of the city urban landscape are morphed (using CCTV cameras set up in the public domain) to create real time blended collages.
- Soul uses CCTV camera networks to re-imagine, to re visualize the urban environment.
- The idea is to capture the soul of the city and represent these images/ data as a piece of sculpture in a constantly evolving visual sculpture.
-This data sculpture is a live real time evolving or generative artwork. It re-contextualizes the way we experience the city and turn up its head the concept of observation.
- The result is a space or installation with unique patterns and output to the displays and online.
- The sculpture utilizes specialized display technologies that will have to be adapted to create this work.
- Soul support a series works that address issues of real time data and what I call the emergent properties of city space. This art work involves embedding data in real time so that the works become dynamic, a real time experience.
Keywords. Live date, emergent city, art experience, unique 3d display, public engagement.
Image show live data on globe display. Sunderland Winter Gardens Visualisation which was shortlisted then rejected.2005.