The installation space has an ultrasounds rig to control the positional data of the devices. This ultrasound system is designed and built by Cliff Randell which is in place and tested, it is configured to the room the Watershed Open wireless network. The general idea involves using a Hewlett Packard PDA running the Mobile Bristol client. If you then move around the room the position is tracked via the ultrasound system which is attached to the ceiling. This sends data to the 'elvin' servers, and using an 'elvin' extra, this information can be used to create a visual response, using Director. My intention is to extend the system using all sorts of sensing equipment.
Image of cctv view or room. This is the view broadcast to internet
Image of robot and sensors with wireless camera
Things to do for version two.
1. Acquire more Robots.
2. Get robots to control more 3d movement with more generative code.
3. Make another better map that allows path following and navigation around corner, ie get it painted onto a roll of canvas.
4. Get four pda's and ultrasound to install inside robot.
5. Look into the multiple issues with the frequency being 2.4.
6. Need three more wireless cameras.
7. Selection of small four to eight inch monitors. 10 - 20 for robot wireless camera views.